Detection and quantification of SARS-CoV-2
- SARS-CoV-2 concentration, detection and quantification Ver pdf Ver pdf
- SARS-CoV-2 variants of concern (VOC) analysis by RT-qPCR (B.1.1.7, B.135, and B.1.1.28) and by high-throughput sequencing.
- Matrices: wastewater, irrigation, bathing and drinking water, biosolids, surfaces, fecal samples, milk samples.
Evaluation of manufacturing/disinfection processes
- Determination on bacteriophages using plaque count techniques.
- Determination on virus models by cell culture methods.
- Processes: heat-treament, freeze-drying, high-pressure processing, sanitizers among others.
High-throughput sequencing analysis
- Virome characterization.
- Targeted sequencing.
- Genomic analysis.
- Applied to clinical and environmental samples.
Virus analysis in food, water and surfaces
- Detection, quantification and typing of human enteric viruses by molecular techniques (RT-qPCR, viability PCR, in-situ capture PCR, sequencing).
- Targeted viruses: human norovirus, hepatitis A virus, rotavirus, hepatitis E virus and astroviruses.
- Detection and quantification of fecal contamination indicators: CrAssphage by qPCR and bacteriophages by plate count methods.
- Food matrices: shellfish, vegetables, berries, bottled water and food contact surfaces according to UNE-EN ISO 15216-1:2017 (Microbiology of the food chain – Horizontal method for determination of hepatitis A virus and norovirus using real-time RT-PCR – Part 1: Method for quantification) and UNE-EN ISO 15216-2:2019 (Microbiology of the food chain – Horizontal method for determination of hepatitis A virus and norovirus using real-time RT-PCR – Part 2: Method for detection).
- Water matrices: wastewater, irrigation water, seawater, bathing, wash water and drinking water.
In vitro evaluation of bioactive ingredients and antiviral materials
- Evaluation of antiviral activity against SARS-CoV-2 models and enteric virus by cell culture methods (TCID50/mL).
- Targeted viruses: Respiratory human coronavirus (strain 229E), hepatitis A virus, murine norovirus (strain 264.7 and S99), feline calicivirus, tulane virus, and mengovirus.
- Application according to UNE-EN 14476:2014 (Quantitative suspensión test for the evaluation of virucidal activity in the medical área) , UNE-EN 16777:2019 (Quantitative non-porous surface test without mechanical action for the evaluation of virucidal activity of chemical disinfectants used in the medical area ), UNE-EN ISO 18184: 2019 ( Determination of antiviral activity of textile products) and UNE-EN ISO 21702:2019 (Mesurement of antiviral activity on plastic and other non-porous surfaces).